- Conductor: Timothy Terranella
- Associate Conductor & String Coach: Regie Pineda
- Wednesday 6:45 - 8:30 ~ Please arrive by 6:30 to warm up and tune up
- Celebrating its 21st season
- 9/19/18 to 5/15/19
- Academic Year Tuition $550 ($275 - 2 payment option)
The JOMP Youth Orchestra (JYO) is a vibrant and leading youth orchestra in the Worcester area. Each year, JYO brings talented and advanced young musicians together from all over Central Massachusetts.
Students prepare two exciting programs a year for New Year's Eve at Joy of Music's new Shapiro Concert Hall and JOMP’s Annual Spring Gala at Mechanics Hall. Recent repertoire included works by J. S. Bach, Bartok, Beethoven, Bizet, Debussy, Dvorak, Elgar, Fauré, Haydn, Mozart and Schubert. Rehearsals focus on developing musicianship and ensemble skills and refining interpretation, intonation and sound. Sectionals are scheduled within the regular rehearsal time. To schedule an audition, please call 508-856-9541.
Joy of Music is a member of the League of American Orchestras