A non-refundable registration fee of $35 will be charged per student for the academic year; $25 for a second family member and $10 for a third. No fee is charged for additional family members. Please include registration fee(s) in your first payment.
Full and partial assistance is available based on need. Please fill out and submit the Financial Aid Application. Call Rich Ardizzone at 508-856-9541 for more information.
Students taking private lessons enroll for the entire academic year of 34 weeks (September 9, 2021 through June 6, 2022). New students may enroll at any time during the year on a space-available basis. Tuition will be prorated.
Four weeks’ written notice to the office is required if a student withdraws from private lessons for any reason. Starting one week after the date of notice, the next four lessons must be paid for whether taken or not.
Private Lesson Tuition Payment Options
$73 per lesson
$57 per lesson
$40 a lesson
|34 weeks: 9/9/21 - 6/6/22
||First week of September
||First week of September & January
||1st week of Sept, Nov, Jan & March
$250 in June
$192 in June
|First week of every month
* ½ hour lessons are recommended for young beginners and special circumstances – please call to discuss
1 ½ hour lessons ($108) are available for advanced students with teacher agreement – please call to discuss.
If a student is going to miss a lesson, please let us know as soon as possible. Each student is entitled to one excused absence per academic year which is eligible for makeup or credit. All other absences will be considered unexcused. No makeup or credit will be given.
Rescheduling Private Lessons
We are willing to try to arrange an alternative lesson time in special circumstances. If you need to request rescheduling a lesson, please let us know as soon as possible.
- If rescheduling the lesson is not possible and the excused absence has been used, the lesson is considered missed. No makeup or credit will be given.
- If a student misses or cancels a rescheduled lesson, it wil be considered an unexcused absence.
- If you unable to attend your in-person lesson due to our COVID 19 protocols (on the Registration Page), we will try to arrange a remote lesson at your regular lesson time.
Sports and Other Conflicts
If a sport or school play temporarily takes priority over private lessons for a period of weeks, we can only hold your slot if you pay for all missed lessons.
Teacher cancellations are made up or credited. Include all contact information on your registration form so we can try to reach you if a teacher is sick.
Excused absences and teacher absences will be made up over the course of the year, if possible, or credited in June. If a student cancels or misses a make-up lesson that has been scheduled and confirmed by the teacher and student, the lesson will not be rescheduled or credited. The teacher is paid.
Students who arrive late for their lesson lose that time. Teachers need to stay on schedule in fairness to their other students. Online students should be set up and ready to play by their lesson time.
Classes and Ensembles
Classes and ensembles are designed to meet for 33 weeks, unless otherwise indicated. Late enrollment and prorating of tuition will be at the discretion of the instructor and the director, depending upon the group. All groups are run with a commitment to creating a supportive community. Hurtful or disrespectful behavior towards any individual is not acceptable. We reserve the right to terminate students unable or unwilling to abide by this policy.
- Withdrawal Policy: No refunds will be given once a class or ensemble has started unless the Director recommends that a student not continue.
- Student Absences: Because each student is an integral part of their class or ensemble, please call the office to report all absences, so we can let your (your child’s) teacher know not to expect you (your child). Individual student absences from classes and ensembles are not made up or credited.
- Teacher Absences Make-up/Credit Policy: Students will receive credit for teacher cancellations that cannot be made up. Please include relevant phone numbers on your registration form so we can try to reach you if a teacher is sick.
- Promptness when dropping off and picking up your child will be greatly appreciated. It is difficult to set a relaxed and focused tone to a class if arrivals are staggered.
Teacher / Student / Parent Partnership
It is important to discuss problems or questions with your child’s teacher as soon as they arise. If your child seems to be losing interest or you have other concerns, please let us know. If your child resists attending lessons or classes for any reason, please notify us immediately. We will try to work it out with the support of the teacher and the director(s). Teachers will let you know if they have any concerns. Conferences are gladly arranged if requested.
We often do not close when the public schools close because most of our lessons and classes take place in the afternoon and evening. Our website (www.jomp.org) is our primary means of communicating weather cancellations. If possible, we will also send an email notifying parents if we are closed.
One private lesson per year will be made up or credited for official JOMP weather cancellations. Additional weather closings will not be made up or credited - the teacher is paid. If JOMP is open, your child’s (your) teacher is here, and you choose not to come because of the weather, the teacher will be paid and the lesson will not be made up or credited. There are no weather closing credits or make-ups for classes or ensembles.